Sunday, October 5, 2014

Eat, Art, Loud - Grand Indonesia

Eat, Art, Loud "Brick City" is the theme of I love Bazaar Jakarta event that held on the second October until the fifth October at level 5 west mall Grand Indonesia. There are more than 100 F&B, arts, home living, toys, accessories, gifts and knick-knacks. When culinary meets art, what happens next is PERFECTION. This event is totally different with the others. The tenants are different and unique. At the first, I thought it would be ordinary and boring. But my assumption is countered with what they have in there! The foods' taste are amazing, the unique stuffs, and guess what? They have many workshops with talented and popular people! And all of them are FREE!
I come to this event on Saturday. I get very confused to decide which one that I want to buy. Okay let's start from my first meal. The name is Geram. A burger that topped with crunchy ramen bun! Unique and tasty! Appropriate with their motto which is "FURIOUSLY DELICIOUS!!!". The price of one Geram is IDR 30K.



The second is Soto Mie from Ibu Dara. The price is IDR 45K. I get very shocked with the price actually. But the taste is super WOW! You're not gonna believe it! The gravy is quite thick and delicious! You won't find another Soto Mie that is more delicious than this one! Moreover, they're super generous in giving the beef chunks that are really tender. Soto Mie from Ibu Dara is unbeatable!



Here I am joining the food & styling photography workshop with Chef Yuda Bustara and Adha Togi, the food photographer. In this workshop Chef Yuda gives lessons on how styling the food, how to make a "fake" roasted chicken, how to make an ice cream that never melts. Because this workshop is food styling, it means that all of the foods are fake. To make them looked well in the photo, the ice cream that never melts is actually made from butter or mashed potato. The next lesson is how to take a good photo of them that explained by Adha Togi. I feel so happy to attend this workshop because it is quite rare in Jogja hehe.


Another food that I buy is Chef Tony's Popcorn and I do really regret I only buy two. This is the best popcorn that I have ever tasted! I buy the original caramel and mochaccino flavors. The taste is sweet, but not too sweet. Every single popcorn is fresh. And the popcorn is less oily. It's really a tub of happiness! I bet you can't stop munching when you try this popcorn :D


Yi.Kon has the longest queue line! They sell the popular Seoul cane ice cream. What is it? It is stick-shaped corn snack filled with an ice cream. They have various flavors like vanilla, chocolate, strawberry. Then the corn snack also has many shapes such as J shape, V shape, and U shape. The appearance of this ice cream is so catchy and attracting the people's attention. The taste is nice and it is superb healthy because they are only using natural ingredients! The price of one ice cream is IDR 20K.


This is the happiest moment ever! I am joining food marathon 10 kg with the top 13 food bloggers Indonesia! We are given 10 minutes to shop as much as we can with only limited fund. And the biggest obstacle that we face is the crowd in here. I am in the third group with kak Aline, kak Fahmi, and kak Hans. Haha it is totally fun and my team get the second place. Yeaaay we get a lot of gifts and vouchers! As an amateur food blogger, this is a big chance for me to meet them in person and I made it!  They are really humble and I can hardly wait for their coming to Jogjakarta! :D


The next agenda is molecular gastronomy "diy at home" with Chef Ronald Prasanto, the owner of Ron's Laboratory. Chef Ron teaches us how to make dragon breath, a fake avocado coffee, and chocolate mousse. Why I say a fake avocado coffee? Because the fake avocado actually consists of tape, pak choi, cream, coffee, and milk which are blended simultaneously. The texture and the taste is really avocado coffee! Many lessons and experiences shared by Chef Ron. For those who couldn't come today, I am pretty sure you'll feel so sad :p



Chef Tony!!! It's a pleasure to meet you in person, Chef! I am one of your fans now :D


A closing food for this day is lidah lado hijau from Ibu Dara. The price is IDR 55K. The taste doesn't need to be questioned. This is astoundingly delicious! The meat is so tender. The sambal is very scrumptious! It is not like the other sambal. Yes it is spicy, but not only spicy that you can taste. I get very addicted and finish this food really quick! Haha


What more can I say except thank you to I Love Bazaar Jakarta. I am very looking forward to attending the next event! :)

2 comments :

  1. Wahh keliatan enak banget yang Geram...heheheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe iya emang enak banget Geramnya :D terimakasih komennya :D

      Delete